Who gets sick in July? We do, folks. Asher’s been coughing at night for months. Last week, it turned into a full-fledged cold. But now he’s back to coughing only at night again. He seems no worse for the wear.
Maya had a tummy ache Sunday, then a fever Monday. She also had the sniffles. She’s totally fine now.
I, however, am sick as a dog and ready to crawl in a hole and die. It progressed exactly the way all of my colds do:
- Day One: Sore throat*.
- Day Two: Intense pressure as sinuses fill.
- Day Three: Runny nose/headache.
- Day Four: Worst Day Ever.
- Day Five: Back to mostly runny nose. Add in coughing.
- Day Six: Symptoms subside, except coughing, which worsens. Realize I will not die. Life is looking up.
I am on Day Four, just so you know. (Oh, and I got a bonus migraine last night.) I’ll see you on the other side, if I survive. I’m so blessed that Jason is home for most of today to help. I feel bad asking him, but it’s just that awful.
*Is this normal? I don’t get a cold that doesn’t start with a sore throat. Some have told me I should get my tonsils checked. But it seems so dinosaur to have your tonsils out nowadays. Plus, a friend did it, and you can’t be pregnant or nursing, so I’ve been ineligible for pretty much seven years now. But if it would reduce the amount of colds I got…